Nov. 12th 2014
I need no excuse to shop, I really don’t, The Husband will attest to that, but a change in the weather is as good of an excuse as any…
So, if you are like me and enjoy a sneaky splurge for no real reason, other than to pep up a soggy afternoon, then here are my top picks for Autumn 2014…
Race you to the check out.
1. Next Belted Cardigan, £45 // 2. Zara Croc City Bag With Chain, £109 // 3. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner, £3.99 // 4. Dorothy Perkins Eden Mid Vintage Wash Jeggins, £22 // 5. Nars Geraldine Lipstick, £19.50 // Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Hot Pepper Lipstick, £8.99 // 6. ASOS Large Disc Hoop Earrings, £8.00 // 7. Zara Quilted Leather City Bag, £79.99 // 8. Topshop Control Over The Knee Boots, £125
In look one I’m aiming for casual elegance.
This wrap cardi from Next is GORGE. I have it in black and dark green and I’m pretty sure its also available in grey, red and navy. Its deliciously soft, warm despite being a fairly fine gauge knit. I love it, hence why I have it in two colours (and potentially more). I have been wearing it with either nothing underneath (and done up tightly) or with a little silky cami.
The jeans are a great staple. I love the Eden range from Dorothy Perkins, a great fit in a great range of colours.
The bags here from Zara are my latest guilty pleasure purchases. The quality, especially of the black bag is out of this world for the price. Highly recommend both of them.
The boots bring a different twist to the look, yes, they are a tiny bit pretty woman, hence why I’d be careful what I wear them with, but either way, I just love them.
Pair all this with a nice red (matt) lip and you’re ready for anything.
1. Zara Two Tone Poncho, £29 // 2. Nars Honolulu Honey Lipstick, £19.50 // 3. Saint Laurent Monogramme Sac Université Leather Shoulder Bag, £1,325 // 4. Topshop Riped Jamie Jeans, £45 // 5. H&M Sleeveless Scuba Top, £29 // 6. Topshop Textured High Neck Tunic, £34 // 7. J Crew Resin Medallion, £150 // 8. COS Merino Wool Jumper, £55 // 9. Ugg Classic Tall Boots, £190 // 10. Tory Burch Riva Flats, £190
Look two is similar to look one, but in a softer colour pallet.
I love warm neutrals, they are very lux and give off an expensive air of elegance, despite not breaking the bank.
The wrap/cape/poncho from Zara is to die for. Totally of the moment and totally chic. Pair with a simple, yet well made knitted top and you are away. Think ladies who lunch, or an outdoor trip up Bond St.
I went higher end with the bag for this look as this Saint Laurent is a timeless classic which will take you from now, right through to spring, summer and beyond. I always find that by pairing a higher end bag with a high street look usually ends up making everything look higher end, despite it possibly coming from Primark!
I don’t own the jeans yet, but I aim to very soon. Wardrobe, watch this space.
For the die hard fash pack amongst you, you may be thinking UGGS, has she lost the plot? Fashion sacrilege. Well no, I’ve not. My name is Jennie and I love my Uggs.
1. Wallis Leather Pencil Skirt, £95 // 2. Isabel Marant Shearling Jacket, £2,220 // 3. Topshop Satin Swing Top, £32 // 4. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow £49 // 5. Whistles Ania Open Toe Boot, £165 // 6. Topshop U-Neck Tanktop £10 // 7. Chanel Rouge Allure Gloss Colour and Shine Lipgloss, £26 // 8. Joseph V Neck Drop Hem Jumper, £195 // 9. Organica Large Hooped Earrings, £275 // 10. Zara High Heel Strappy Boot, £49
In look three I wanted to embrace the leather trend which has been around for a while now. I’m a huge Wallis fan, especially their W collection. They have some really great pieces, lots of casual shirts as well as great classic, yet fashion forward skirts like this one. Great price, great quality and again, a timeless piece which you can wear many ways.
Here I’ve tried to focus on a lux day wear, possibly in the office, with a great shoeboot, or out for afterwork drinks by swapping to a strappy sandal.
The Chanel lipgloss here is also a great buy. It’s fairly new (last month I think), isn’t cheap but one click and you’re away. It lasts most of the day, even when eating and drinking and is really comfortable to wear. I wish I could buy the whole range, but I won’t. I’ll be sensible. For now.
I should also say a word here on the Charlotte Tilbury Pallete. This is heavenly. It finds my cheekbones without a GPS. Everyone needs this. Everyone.
1. New Look Cameo Rose Faux Fur Gillet, £29 // 2. M2Malletier Clutch Bag, £915 // 3. Jimmy Choo Youth Boots, £595 // 4. Banana Republic Luxe Leather Bracelet, £20 // 5. Topshop Fringe Trim Aztec Skirt, £40 // 6. TheBalm Mary-Lou Manzier Highlighter Powder, £16 // 7. By Terry Baume De Rose Lipstain, £35 // 8. Zara Oversized Sweater, £12 // 9. Victoria Beckham Leather Shoulder Bag, £1,895 // 10. River Island Fedora Hat, £22
In look four I was aiming for fun.
I’m loving the trend for the new mini skirts that are currently out. Nice texture, heavy weight fabric work to give this skirt more gravitas and substance than a normal mini skirt. IMO makes you look less naked.
Pair with a great pair of Wolford opaque tights and these cute boots, a jumper and a gilet and you’re on the way to being a cool cat.
The other stand out for me here is the The Balm Mary-Lou Manzier highlighter. A powder highlighter with minimal glitter it just helps you look lit from within. A huge favourite of the beauty YouTubers. Well worth £16 of anyones hard earned pennies.
1. Boohoo Bethan Wet Look Leggins, £8 // 2. Philip Lim Pashili Bag, £675 // 3. H&M Knitted Snood, £3 // 4. New Look Check Meowt Tee-Shirt, £7.99 // 5. Topshop Gem Cat Ears, £7 // 6. Topshop Black Faceted Collar, £20 // 7. Aldo Oneriwien Boots, £80 // 8. Topshop Moon and Stars Earrings, £7 // 9. Oasis Textured Foil Vest, £28 // 10. Steve Madden Lilianne Boots, £96 // 11. H&M Knitted Hat, £3 // 12. New Look Check Shirt, £19 // 13. Aldo Allie Boots, £120
In the final look, look five, I just loved this t-shirt and wanted to build a look round it.
I love the grunge element to the leggings but paired with a high end handbag.
I ADORE the Philip Lim Pashili bag, its similar to the Celine Trapeze bag and although expensive, its not silly expensive like Celine.
And who doesn’t needs a pair of cut cat ears?
Were you tempted? I bet you were…
Do let me know in the comments section below what you’ll be wearing this Fall.